[show-team category=’mayor’ layout=’grid’ style=’img-square,text-left,img-above,1-columns’ display=’photo,website,position,social,freehtml,location,email,telephone,smallicons,name’]
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for overseeing the process.
- Political responsibility and accountability regarding the process.
- Establishing the performance agreement for the Municipal Manager in terms of the PMS.
- Determine KPA’s for MM based on institutional KPI’s.
- Determine the performance objectives and targets that the MM must meet in relation to the KPA’s.
- Negotiate the performance objectives and targets that the MM must meet.
- Submit draft performance agreement for the MM via EXCO to the Council for consideration and approval.
- Conclude and sign performance agreement with the MM on behalf of Council.
- Table budget to Council at least 90 days before the start of the financial year.
- Table budget timetable to Council.
- Report authorization of unforeseeable and unavoidable expenses at Council meeting after having authorized such expenses.
- Submit SDBIP to Council, 14 days after approval of budget.
- Ensure conclusion of management’s performance agreements.
- Ensure that the management’s performance agreements are made public.
- Submit to Council an annual report within 7 months after the end of the financial year.